Brisbane Week 6


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Brisbane
March 16th 2008
Published: March 16th 2008
Edit Blog Post

This content requires Flash
To view this content, JavaScript must be enabled, and you need the latest version of the Adobe Flash Player.
Download the free Flash Player now!
 Video Playlist:

1: Paddys Day Parade 59 secs
Paddys ParadePaddys ParadePaddys Parade

In great anticipation.....
HAPPY PADDYS DAY!!!! Top of the morning to you all!!!

Okay, this week was a little more exciting than normal. Yes it was the boring 9-5 thing for most of the week, but our social life has improved 100% this week and on Thursday night we went out with some one other than ourselves!!

There was a quiz night on through work, albeit, a call centre trivia night, but it turned out to be a good laugh. I am still off alcohol after a very drunken night 3 weeks ago, but everyone else got extremely drunk. It was quite funny to see actually, through sober eyes. Steves team managed to come last, out of 36 teams, which was also very funny.

Saturday was Paddys parade. This was a relatively small parade, compared to some round the world, but it was still quite good, the paddys certainly know how to party. So that was Saturday morning, we then spent some time listening to an Irish Band in the park.

On Saturday afternoon we went up to Mount Cootha, which is about half an hour outside the city by bus. From up there you get great views of the city, although there is nothing much else there, so we were ready to go home within 10 minutes. In our eagerness to catch a bus, we ended up on the city tour bus, although the driver was really good and agreed to drop us at the river to catch a ferry without charging us. This tour is normally $25, so I think we did quite well there. We would have, otherwise, been stuck up there for another hour!

We spent a very lazy afternoon in the park just outside our apartment, Steve sunbathing and surprisingly, me asleep in the shade.

We had passed through an area called Milton earlier in the day and thought it looked pretty cool, and as it is meant to be the Italian area, we headed up there on Saturday night in search of a good italian restaurant. No such luck I's afraid, the area is not that great, and we unfortunately had our first bad meal since we have been here, it was cheap but crap, think the restaurant was called Bella Notte. So we wouldnt recommend heading up there.

We are both currently soothing aching feet, after having walked about 14kms
Typical Brit abroadTypical Brit abroadTypical Brit abroad

Doesnt he look lovely with his plastic bag and Footy shirt!!
today (me in flip flops stupidly). We had been given a map of different walks and decided it would be a good idea to do this one today so we caught the City Cat to the furthest stop and basically walked right back along the river. It was cool for the first 5 kms, then it rained, like really rained and we got soaked, so another goodness knows how many more kms in slip slops was a bit difficult. Glad we did it though, I keep threatening to run it next weekend....not sure whether that will happen!!!

So here we are, bang up to date with our news....Cant wait until next weekend as Suz and her friend, Liz arrive. Really missing everyone now, so it will be so good to see them both.......


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement

City in sightCity in sight
City in sight

A glimpse of the city from our long river walk


16th March 2008

new pet???
Steve didn't know you had a dog --carrying that pooperscooper and bin bag round all day must be a bit wuff!! great to 'see' you(photos) -and we mizzin you-- keep bloggin--lmx
20th March 2008

Loving reading about your adventures. Sounds like you're having a ball. Thinking of you both. Love Moyna
25th March 2008

Lickle feet!
Hi you two, Well Steve glad to see you have your gorgeous feet on display in your Beckham like flip flops. My what tiny feet you have!!! Cool dude too with the shades. Sounds like you are having lots of fun. Will get Kelly on the blog pronto to view the St Paddy day shannanigans. Dont want her missing out. Love to both of you and tiny little princess kisses from Lucy xxx

Tot: 0.084s; Tpl: 0.035s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0342s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb