Brisbane Week 4


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Brisbane
March 2nd 2008
Published: March 16th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Long  lost relativesLong  lost relativesLong lost relatives

With Frank and Aileen
We're back......

After many requests for more updates on our Aussie adventure, here we are, finally. Now we are having to cast our minds back over the last 3 weeks to tell you what we have been up to.

Firstly want to say huge congrats to kat and Rob on the birth of their beautiful daughter, Lucy. Hope all is going well guys, and Kat, hope you are still finding time to read the blog....send us more pics.

Not sure there is much to tell from the week, apart from more roller blading and running and of course work....it's getting worse. Those nice aussies that were calling when we first started now all seem to be angry customers...never mind, it pays the bills and there really is no stress.

Before we left for Oz, we had gotten in touch with a long lost relative on my dad's side, Frank, who emigrated to Oz in 1968. He lives in Deception Bay which is about an hour North of brisbane and we went for lunch on the Saturday. It was great to meet him and his wife, Aileen, and to hear all about his family. He has done a family tree, and we now have a copy of the part relating to the Fairbairns which is good.

On Sunday morning we went roller blading in West End. Not a great idea, given that it was far too hot and far too busy. Thought we might go for a coffee en route, but no chance, as it was such a nightmare, think we might stick to doing that when it is dark and there is no sun!!!.

Sunday was also Mother's Day, in the UK that is. It is celebrated on a different day over here so we wearnt even aware. Luckily Cat and Suz reminded me in time....sorry mums, its not that we don't care!!!!! Turns out Mothers day is in May here..

Anyway, some photos of us with Frank and Aileen are attached.


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement

The two of usThe two of us
The two of us

At New Farm Park


Tot: 0.06s; Tpl: 0.017s; cc: 15; qc: 26; dbt: 0.0315s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb