It's that time again...


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Brisbane
December 10th 2007
Published: December 12th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Feeding time! Feeding time! Feeding time!

He is VERY hungry!
Hello to all!!

Well looks like it's that time again for another update from down under and haven't i been busy!
i have had a hire car over the last few weeks so i have been able to get out and about and do some exploring on my own rather than rely on Di and Alan for lifts everywhere!! It's not too bad driving as it is on the same side as UK but the drivers over here are a little bit more crazy!!

While out venturing i have explored further down the gold coast and visited a couple of different beaches. Been to Coolengatta and Palm Beach which were both LOVELY! it was so nice to go into the water and not get frost bite! Although not sure i like the idea of sharing the sea with sharks... !

Me and Diane took a trip to Australia Zoo (Steve Irwin's zoo) which was really good. I saw what was just a fraction of all the tributes and messages they got when he died and there was two massive walls FULL of messages from people all around the world. Quite sad really...
The zoo is spread over so
Elephant SabuElephant SabuElephant Sabu

She was the smaller of the elephants!
much land and has got everything from birds to elephants! And the obvious - plenty of crocs! I saw the crocs get fed and also got to feed the elephants... they are so cute and HUGE!!

I went on a cruise down the Brisbane River which takes you to a Koala Sanctuary for the day and then brings you back up the river. It was great until it started to rain and i got soaked... the journey back wasn't so bad as the sun came out! Fantastic! Some of the houses along the river were lovely, i even managed to spot one for sale... i am still trying to get Diane to buy it but i don't think i have convinced her yet! While on the river we went past a fruit bat colony... there were hundreds hanging in the trees... i got to see some close up at the sactuary and they are like little foxes, look cute but still don't like them!
I got to see loads more Koalas and take more pictures of them... i think most of my pictures are just of Koalas!

Well better go now... have added more pictures for you to see so enjoy!
And happy birthday for Friday Mum... miss you and hope you had a nice day...

Love to all and talk again soon.

Alena xxx


Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement

KookaburraKookaburra
Kookaburra

You wouldn't believe how much noise these things can make
Gold CoastGold Coast
Gold Coast

Coolangatta Beach
And another... And another...
And another...

How lovely...


Tot: 0.066s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 10; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0405s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb