Brisbane


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Brisbane
August 18th 2005
Published: December 24th 2005
Edit Blog Post

Watched the boguns go by as we ate breakfast in a café (me with my usual sugar intake of pancakes!) ... Surfers Paradise is a strange and soulless place, it's a bizarre mix of tat and luxury shops ie. Gucci, Fendi, Coach etc. For whom? The people here look as if they'd think the Hard Rock Café was incredibly posh. We took the bus later on to Brisbane and checked into the Palace Embassy Central hostel as Lucy stipulated that she most definitely did not want a "party hostel"! And I'm meant to be the grandma! The first dorm we walked into was like a prison cell, complete with breeze-block walls. I went down to say we needed more blankets and the guy on reception was having a total stress and said he'd swop our rooms rather than re-make our beds, so we ended up in another slightly better dorm where 2 Irish girls (there are obviously none left in Ireland because they're all on the east coast of this bloody country) had scattered all their stuff. I'm totally over bunks aswell, serves me right for always wanting one when i was little. Moan, moan, moan.

Went for a walk about and bumped into Felix from the Bush trip and his sister, bizarre as i was only just thinking of him today. Lucy thought he was absolutely gorgeous but i had to tell her that he NEVER did any washing up, obviously a far more important criteria for a bloke! Had rather expensive dinner once again and a bottle of wine at a place called "Jimmy's". We're the worst backpackers in the world.

Rang Mum and Dad. Apparently Dad has just picked up his new Golf GTI and he can't work out all the gadgets. It took him 40 mins to drive back from the surgery - LOL.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.07s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 6; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0402s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb