Brisbane


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Brisbane
May 18th 2007
Published: May 18th 2007
Edit Blog Post

We are taking some time to assess the Murphy Family's new home town- fortunately this coincided with our van needing a new engine- what luck!

Don't let the blue skies fool you, it's rapidly approaching winter, and this week Mark (our host) assures me, there's a cold snap coming, it's going to get bitter- it could even get down to 24oC!!

We have been staying in Calamvale with the Porter family, who have fed us well and kept us entertained with family life, jokes at my Dad's hair's expense and combining with us to make a work force to tidy up the van and make it worth the required resale value.

The city is somewhat bigger than we had anticipated, yet the more we see and the longer we spend wandering around- the more we like it. We ventured down to the high-rise of the Gold Coast to watch Seb and Cam play rugby at the weekend. Sport is huge over here, a game on TV every night without fail.

We have really enjoyed our time here, and now are having to contemplate reluctantly moving on, before outstaying our welcome. It's hard to leave behind good food, company, plasma TV and a roll in the 350Z every so often!


Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement

House huntingHouse hunting
House hunting

K.J.M please take note. Christmas is coming!


Tot: 0.149s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 6; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0474s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb