Visiting Sediqa


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Brisbane
September 5th 2004
Published: September 5th 2004
Edit Blog Post

To end my trip, Rach and I headed to Brissy to visit Sid, one of my friends from New Zealand. She met us at the train station in Fortitude Valley... wearing shades of course! It was awesome to be reunited after 4 years. The 3 of us headed back to her house in Spring Hill. We walked uphill from the valley to the Sid's house on the hill.
Her house is fantastic... a large kitchen with huge open out windows, a living room/art gallery, 4 bedrooms occupied by 5 people total, 3 bathrooms, a great porch and a pool. Josh, the only resident aussie was in Europe so Rachel and I stayed in his room downstairs.

After all taking naps, Sid, her friend Ange, Ange's 3 year old son Marley, one of the roomates Matt and I went bed shopping. Sid was looking for a bed, Matt a matress, and Marley to jump on the potential matresses. We did lots of deal hunting, bouncing and driving and eventually, the shopping was complete.
Lunch of fresh sandwiches came next, then we spent some time by the pool.
Sid headed out to work, then Rach and I hung out with Jill, Matt, Rodrigo (roomates) and Scott (Sid ex/friend of the house). The homemade pizza, but Jill and Matt who are scottish was the best we had in Aussie. Rodrigo and his friends headed out to dinner and that left the 5 of us to play drinking games.
Matt was MC.... to be honost i don't remember the games to well, though we did do horse races and kings. Scott kept making Kalishnakovs... Vodka shots chased with a lemon coated in coffee on one side and sugar on the other. No one can party like Aussies. I can't keep up.
Sunday morning we all slept in. Sid and I spent some time catching up and chatting... its great that we can always just pick up our friendship and talk about our lives! The three of us headed into town for the afternoon.
The evening was dinner at the famous (from Sid's emails) Fat Boys. Ange and Joseph (Sid's boyfriend) were there as well and we all stuffed ourselves on Calimari salad and other goodies, like pasta.
We headed to a jazzy bar from there, with a great house band.

Monday morning we walked Sid to work, hid our stuff there and went shopping in the valley to check out Brissy style. Rachel got a great Zebra dress.

After coffee with Sid, and saying goodbye ( 😞 ) Rachel and I headed to Robina to get her settled at school. We found our way to Bond no problem, she got her room in the Blocks A (Cell block A). The girl next door was home, and we found Janine one room over (poor girl living between them) and we went explored the uni and hung out.

In the morning, i left to come home... what a great trip!


Advertisement



Tot: 0.088s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0546s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb