9 months later... Our life in Australia!


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Brisbane
November 9th 2018
Published: November 9th 2018
Edit Blog Post

I cannot believe my last article was written in March!

After a month of visiting friends and family in Europe, we flew to Melbourne… Rainy and cold Melbourne. It turned out to be a nice city, but we wanted warmth and sun (otherwise, we might as well have stayed in Essex!) so we decided to move South to the Gold Coast. We stayed there for about a month. We lived in an AirBnB in Elanora with a lovely host, Ria, until I found a job in Brisbane (and we realised jobs in the Gold Coast were hard to get by). After two weeks of commuting from the Gold Coast to Brisbane (about 2 hours and a half), we moved into a little studio flat in Brisbane, New Farm, very close to the city centre, where we have been living for the past six months. We settled in a little studio flat which was part of a bigger house where our two landlords, George and Khai live.

We struggled for a bit, it was a bit difficult to settle in and make friends but it was a successful endeavour in the end!




Shaun had quite a few jobs, from a call centre to different jobs in hotels and part-time assignments through recruitment agencies for events. He finally got a job which he quite enjoyed and the staff was very nice, as a Banquet Attendant in a Sofitel (part of the French hotel brand Accor, where all the staff greets the guests with “bonjour” or “bonsoir”!).




As for me, I had several assignments via a recruitment agency for which I did mainly admin and reception work and one of the companies I worked for ended up hiring me for 3 months. I had a really good time there!




Today is our last day of work as we are going to leave Brisbane to do a road trip down the East Coast from Cairns to Sydney and then we will fly to the south island of New-Zealand to visit some more places before heading back to Europe just in time for Christmas!

These are the last weeks of our adventure, so we intend to make the most of it - and we will try to share!


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.084s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 9; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0433s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb