Just when we thought we couldn't do one more thing...


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Brisbane » Toowong
March 28th 2008
Published: March 28th 2008
Edit Blog Post

We spent last night and most of today at the Tangalooma Wild Dophin Resort on Morton Island. To get there we took a 60 minute boat ride. It turned out to be a delightful resort with many, many activities. The Wild Dophin feeding occurs each evening at 7:00pm and was a unique experience. We will have to show you the pictures in person - all pictures were taken by a resort photographer because they have to be taken behind the dolphins. Apparently the flash will injure their eyes and effect there ability to see in the water. Because they are wild we were not allowed to touch them - just hold the little fish under the water and the dolphin itakes it out of your hand. They are really cute! Tyler and I feed bobo and rani.

So today we signed up for QUAD's (ATV's) and went for a ride on many sand dunes....what a kick! Notice the nice hair net look - it wasn't a new fashion statement just to protect us from cooties that others may have that wore the helmet prior to us! Tyler was held back by a 13 year old girl that was scared to
Getting ready to ride!Getting ready to ride!Getting ready to ride!

We both look like pro's!!!
death....looked like she was frozen to her bike and would only go really, really slow. Our next adventure was SAND TOBOGANNING! Also, a kick! First we had to walk up a very steep hill in the sand and then slide down face first with your sand tobogan! Speeds up to 45 k - wow!!! I went once and Tyler went 3 times. Tyler's first comment about climbing the hill was "the guide obviously hasn't been snowboarding - nothing could be more difficult than walking up a snow bank with your boots and board. Well 2/3's up the hill...he was huffing and puffing! Tyler was still kind enough to grab my board so I could climb the last little bit on all fours! I decided that my next job for the day was staying at the bottom of the hill taking pictures!!!

We took the 4:00pm boat back to Brisbane and checked into our very last hotel! In three weeks we've stayed in 9 hotels if you also count the camping trip as one check-in!

Tomorrow...the Australian Zoo. One thing we've learned...Australia is not fond of the Irwin family. Most locals feel that Steve Irwin was an "in your face kinda guy" and really commercialized his "talent". They also feel that Bindi is being exploited! A frequent comment is that Steve Irwin was always much more popular in America than in Australia! Oh well - we are still off to the zoo and will enjoy the experience!

This could be our last blog - depending on how late we get back tomorrow. Our pick up is 7:45am for the zoo and the following morning we start the trek HOME with a pick up at 4:40am. We fly from Brisbane to Sydney, Sydney to Auckland, Auckland to LA and then LA to Portland. We figured out that we will be in an airplane for about 20 hours...that does not include the time waiting in airports!




Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement



28th March 2008

Fun, Fun, Fun
You look like you are having a blast. I have to say I am jealous of the short sleeves and blue skys. It is snowing here today. Can you believe it? We are really looking forward to having you home and getting all the details of your trip. Stay safe, get rest on the planes and hurry home. Love you!
28th March 2008

so very lucky
Well you two, we can only imagine how much fun you have packed into 3 weeks and how tired you must be. We have really enjoyed the blogs and photos. It will be fun to see more photos and hear the stories in person! Have a good trip home. Love you both, the sha sha's
30th March 2008

Enough Fun?
You guys have had your share of fun. Looks like the riding and surfing the dunes was a lot of fun also. Grandpa

Tot: 0.072s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 12; qc: 33; dbt: 0.04s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb