All good things must come to an end...


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Brisbane » Moreton Bay
March 29th 2008
Published: March 29th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Tonight we bid farewell to Australia and the end of our down under adventures. What an incredible time we've had.

We wanted to share with you a few of our last pictures. Some from the Australian Zoo - wonderful! Enjoyed it a lot!

21 days, 16 airplanes, 1 helicopter, 9 hotels, 1 rental car, 3 hair-raising rides with grandmajan, one group of thieves, 1 police station, 700+ photos (we may require that you look at each one!, 5 hrs 47 mins of video (sit back relax...), at least 15 tours, and too many buses and transfers to count! The good news is that we enjoyed almost all of it!!!

Our last night in Australia is in Brisbane and we finally tonight were able to "walkabout". Our hotel is in the southbank area (think artisy - kinda) and it is 2 blocks from the river that runs through the city. Many bridges that cross the river - both Tyler and I think that Brisbane looks a lot like Portland. On the other side of the river is the "downtown" area - on our side is an incredible beach and water front park like I've never seen before. Both Portland and Seattle should sit up and take notice!

We've had a great time and I'm so very thankful for the time with Tyler. We've learned a lot together and he is one fantastic kid - about to be a teenager!!! Thank you Jodi and Jose for letting him be with me and share this once-in-a-lifetime journey.

We want to thank each of you for being with us through our journey and your comments and reactions to our blogs were delightful. Each day we looked forward to hearing from you...excited to be headed home and a little sad knowing that it will be awhile before we are back....but we will be back!!!

Love to you all....see you real soon! jan, grandman jan, tan jannie jan, grandmaster, tyler, ty, vitamin t, and "time to get up tyler"!!!!

Our last g'day mate....


Additional photos below
Photos: 11, Displayed: 11


Advertisement

Finally a Koala bear...cutest ever!Finally a Koala bear...cutest ever!
Finally a Koala bear...cutest ever!

They sleep 20 hours a day, eat a bit and mate the rest of the time...not a bad life!


30th March 2008

The end!
The end of such fun can be a downer, but it sounds like you have enough pictures, video and other momentos to remind you of this trip, a life time. Grandpa

Tot: 0.088s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0444s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb