GET A TASTE OF NATURE


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Brisbane » Kangaroo Point
July 13th 2012
Published: July 14th 2012
Edit Blog Post

11 July Another rainy day. L The sun has disappeared for 3 days!

Our afternoon activity was to visit the Mount Coot-tha Botanic Garden. Due to continuous showering in the past few days, Connie and I worried that going for a walk in the rainforest might not be a good idea, as there’s no shelter in the botanic garden. In case of heavy rainfall, the students would probably all get wet. Also the ground might be slippery and walking between the woods could have some potential danger.

The School then suggested another activity for us: bowling. However, after careful consideration, we decided to follow the original schedule. You can play bowling anytime and anywhere but you don’t always get a chance to see the rainforest, right?

At the end we found that our decision was correct. All students enjoyed the adventure in the rainforest. They learnt how the Aborigines made use of the natural resources in the forest to make shelter and to survive. Though there were drizzles of rain, the eagerness of our students to explore the nature was not affected. They even tried some jam made from the fruits grown in the forest and they liked that very much!



12 July Raining, raining and just raining!

The afternoon activity of today was going shopping at Queen Street Mall again. This time the students were given more time and freedom to look around the vicinity of Queen Street Mall by going in small groups. Of course, everyone was happy and had bags of goods at time of leaving.


Additional photos below
Photos: 18, Displayed: 18


Advertisement



Tot: 0.098s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 12; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0343s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb