Day 24


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Brisbane » Kangaroo Point
March 15th 2008
Published: March 16th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Today we slept in making up for the early mornings working through the week. After eating breakfast and showering I decided today would be a perfect day to to check out Kangaroo Point. Kangaroo Point is a suburb of Brisbane located directly east of the Central Business District across the Brisbane River. We started by walking through the CBD with me showing Mike the stores I had found before. We also managed to find some which wernt open the night before. The best one we found was a MASSIVE surf shop. Four floors each floor the size of a Shoppers Drugmart. Tonnes of amazing clothes. Amazingly didn't spend a cent. From there we went east to the river and then followed the river to the botanical gardens crossing the bridge to southbank. From the bridge if you walk along the bank of the river is Kangaroo Point. Unlike the city it was very green. With rock cliffs where you can rock climb if you have the proper equipment, Plaques which describe Brisbanes history and a nature reserve where there is unmaintained grass and a boardwalk. Kangaroo Point was a perfect getaway from the urban living we had been doing. After that we went back to the hostel and relaxed, going to sleep early. Big plans for the next day.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.055s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 15; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0295s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb