Brisbane


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Brisbane » Kangaroo Point
August 21st 2007
Published: August 25th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Our first few hours in Brisbane were spent in the sun drenched botanical gardens waiting for Carol to finish work. Michelle's first impressions of Brisbane, excluding the gardens, was that Brisbane was like a sunnier version of Stevenage.

It was good to meet up with Carol and catch up after so long; she had plenty to tell us about her time in Oz, and we had as much to tell her about the last year back home. Her housemate, an Aussie named Glen, is a really nice guy and was very welcoming, and he cooked up a great barbeque for us all by their pool.

The rest of the evening is a little hazy thanks to the JD which was free flowing!

The weather for the rest of the weekend was pretty awful from our point of view; it was pouring with rain, and was really quite cold in the evenings! It was the first rain that Carol had seen in her three months in Brisbane, and was great for them as they really needed it because their water reserves were down to about 18%.

We were thinking about going a bit further up the coast, either to Noosa or Hervey Bay, maybe even hiring a campervan, but after seeing the weather forecast (more rain) we decided to fly north to Cairns (it was cheaper than the 29hr bus ride!)...Two hours later we were on a plane!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.119s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 17; qc: 68; dbt: 0.0596s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb