Childers, Noosa, Fraser Island, & Brisbane


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Brisbane » Holland Park
February 24th 2018
Published: February 24th 2018
Edit Blog Post

Finally good WiFi!! We just made it to Surfers Paradise!
For the past 2 nights we had been staying in Noosa. It was a neat town comparable to Cape Code. Unfortunately the rain has been following us. Not just any rain, but heavy, constant rainforest rain. Even our coach as flooded. Not fun.
Yesterday we traveled to Fraser Island. The largest sand island in the world. Home to wild dingos. Aw, they were so cute but don’t the kind of animal you want to mess with. We traveled in this huge 4x4 hummer in order to navigate the sandy terrain. Man, that was a bumpy ride through the sand banks and up into the rainforest. But just wow.. the rainforest walk was impeccable. It was like the doom at the botanical gardens x 100. The wild birds, the sound of the creeks, and the smell of the flowers was a memory I will never forget. Afterwards, our tour guide took us to Lake McKenzie, a fresh water lake on the island. 10 minutes into our swim it started pouring down rain. At first it was obnoxious but it was quiet a site to see.
Today, we headed back on the coach and toured Brisbane! From the outside, it looked like any other city. Luckily, our German friend Anna had stayed in the city for a week and gave us a tour. We toured the botanical gardens, the South Bank, and outdoor mall. The city was industrial mixed with rainforest. The trees, flowers, and plants are so different from the US.
Talk with you soon! Love, Brenna


Additional photos below
Photos: 14, Displayed: 14


Advertisement



Tot: 0.088s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 12; qc: 52; dbt: 0.0564s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb