My thoughts on Brisbane


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Brisbane » Fortitude Valley
March 7th 2007
Published: March 7th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Left Byron Bay *sob* on the bus last night. Met a cool AUSTRALIAN! They're pretty rare unless you know them so i was quite excited! Turns out he wants to work with autistic kids! Anyway, so that was the journey.

Wandered round Brisbane today, taking it easy! Its reminded me of Antwerp at first, then London, then none of them! I can't quite work it out! The centre is full of really tall building, buisness people "doing lunch" and all the major chain shops. People rush around the streets like london- seem busy! But i like it. Its the most "alive" place i've been in australia and people seem to almost have their own style. Other australians dont seem to fit into any categories like at home. There's a big uni here though so i guess that could be why!
The main shopping street seems to want to go on for ever...but it just kinda stops. it's strange!

Where im staying is really cool, there's a bar attached so easy to meet people and yeh, all good!

Going to STEVE IRWIN'S ZOO TOMORROW! As you all probably know, this is the day i've been most looking forward to for about...ever! :D YAY!

To conclude, my thoughts on Brisbane are positive. It's not pretty or anything and the weather seems to being rubbish- warm, windy and rainy all at the same time! It is the end of summer now though 😞 Still, hotter than home!

The end.


Advertisement



Tot: 0.086s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 11; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0398s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb