Ozzy road trip pt 2 (Airlie - Brisbane)


Advertisement
Published: December 14th 2010
Edit Blog Post


So, the last time i posted, i managed to just about write up until our trip to the whitsunday islands.... the trip cost around $150 dollars for the day, but i can tell you now, it was some of the best money we've ever spent. the night before we went out, quite stupidly as we were getting picked up at 7, and didnt get in till half 3. Still, it didnt stop us having an amazing time. Whitehaven beach has the purest sand in the world, and the way the beach goes out in to the sea is literally a sight you'll never see again. While mike and i went into the sae we noticed three baby sharks, enought to scare you, but me and mike had a bit of fun chasing them around for a bit. childs at heart aint we ( although i doubt a child would activelly chase a shark). After whitehaven and a cruise around the islands we headed to the great barrier reef, and it has to be hands down the best part of my trip so far. we had about two hours of snorkling, and the fish that were there were breathtaking. when i say thousands, i mean it, and there were times when i couldnt see anything but fish all around me, theyre not shy. the biggest we saw was a giant trevally, which was a lot bigger than me but would swim past you so slow you could touch it (i did). After that it was some more cruising around the islands, before heading back, and pretty much striaght to bed for us.


The next day we were back on the road and heading south for a place called agnes water. it took a couple days to get there but it was worth the drive... We bought some surfboards once we arrived a spent a day at the beach trying to learn how to surf, whilst trying to ignore the signs that say sharks can be present..... The campsite we stayed in that night was absolute wilderness, and a couple guys up from us moved their tent to find a snake behind it. i seriously dont think luke's heart can take much more of this, but its not helped by mike, whos always telling him the chances of being bitten, getting stung, or getting eaten by a shark. Although mike has reassured him that sharks dont like the taste of humans, so if one bites him it'll more than likelly leave him alone after.

From agnes, we headed to hervy bay, although we arrived in the evening and when we woke ( with hangovers again, the wine is cheap and strong) the weather was pretty bad, so we decided to get back on the road and try and out drive the weather. not the best idea, three hours down the coast it was still raining so heavy and made the drive a nightmare. We pulled up in a place called noosa, and paid $7 for a subway and $40 for a campsite. So so expensive and the rain had us all in a pretty foul mood. Still the next morning the weather was back to its best and after heading to the east beaches and getting battered by 7ft plus waves we headed back to the main beach and spent a long and sunny day tanning and surfing at the beach, after all, its really what australia is all about.

Just arrived in Brisbane this morning, and off to see some koala bears, so will post soon

Scotty

Advertisement



Tot: 0.127s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 13; qc: 49; dbt: 0.072s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb