Queensland is the SWEATIEST state in Australia


Advertisement
Published: February 1st 2009
Edit Blog Post

Upon leaving Sydney we arrived in Cairns only to find that for the next 2 weeks we would be experiencing some of the hottest and most humid weather...With that said it has made our tanning a little difficult...But worry not...We are still very dark...We stopped in Cairns for two nights and stayed at a nice hostel called Gilligans...In the north of Queensland they have a lot of jelly fish and crocodiles so no one really swims in the ocean...Luckily, Gilligans had a really nice pool so we cooled of there for most of the day...From Cairns we rented a car and drove up north to Cape Tribulation...On the way we hit up Hartley's Crocodile farm to check out some of the native flora and fauna...Seeing as Elizabeth is deathly afraid of crocodiles it was a funny experience for me watching her freak out as we walked through the zoo...We saw tons of different animals like koalas and lizards...After the farm we drove a little further to the Daintree Rainforest...We stopped at Mossman Gorge and trekked up to this really cool suspension bridge...Following that we hopped in the river running through and took a quick swim...The rest of the drive up to Cape Trib was intense...The road is almost like a one way highway and it twists and turns through rainforest...Frequently the road would be blocked on one side due to mud slides from the rain...When we arrived at the hostel it started to go down hill...The dive boat we were supposed to go on was broken so we couldn't go on our excursion the next day...it was pouring rain so there wasn't much to do...And to make matters worse the phone lines were down so no one could call out...And in Cape Trib there is absolutely nothing except for our hostel so we decided to head to the bar...


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.087s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 8; qc: 52; dbt: 0.0484s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb