Up The Creek!!!


Advertisement
Published: January 31st 2009
Edit Blog Post

I can't believe I was out of bed at 6.10am this morning to accompany Mike and John to the golf course...that's just wrong! I did manage to squeeze in a caffeine fix prior to departure which helped as did the three slices of toast so by the time we arrived at Kennara I was pretty much with it!! It is a very nice course actually, I played two holes and scored a 7 and 10 which included a beautiful chip shot into the creek...and spent the rest of the time either taking photographs of wildlife or climbing through bushes seeking wayward balls...I found five!!! Practise makes perfect I guess, considering my golf experience is limited to pitch and putt, I have potential...just need to work at my swing!!! I caught the 11.07 train into Central Brisbane and on arrival carried out my first self guided mini excursion to Anzac Square, Post Office Square, The Old Windmill, The Treasury Casino, City Hall and the Brisbane Museum, which had a photography exhibit of which was really interesting...my Loch Ness picture would look quite at home in there me thinks!! Feeling pretty peckish and in serious need of a little liquid refreshment, I recalled last night's internet research from my vast memory banks of the location of Irish Pubs and made my way, map in hand to Charlotte St...home to PJ's...allegedly!!! Imagine my total horror upon discovering it had changed into the Exchange Hotel without my prior consent...so I trudged dejectedly down the road and would you believe it...found Gilhooley's Bar which wasn’t listed on the Internet. Rejuvenated after lunch and a pint, I grabbed a few souvenirs and postcards and traipsed my way back to Edward Street to catch the 353 bus back to Stafford...isn't the 353 the old Braintree bus?? My feet really hurt right now and my legs ache something evil...I think it's called the ageing process hehehe!! After consuming Pork Chops and a couple of glasses of VB, I felt replete and settled down for the night with the tennis...too much energy being expended there!!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.092s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 52; dbt: 0.0473s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb