AUSTRALIA!!!


Advertisement
Published: August 19th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Brisbane...we fall in love with a Hippie!!



We flew Bangkok to Sydney, after a 9hr flight and NO sleep! We were both in shorts and 'thongs'..we noticed the cold straight away (14 degrees when we landed)!! After getting our bags, we missed our domestic flight to Brisbane..not a great start! But the amazing Quantas put us on the next flight for free :D

Oscar had a spot of bother with a rude chinese man on the flight who insisted on putting his headphones into Oscars jack! We felt that Brisbane lacked a bit of character, however...on a Friday night we found out it was heaving in Fortitude Valley. We couldn't get into the YHA, so had to stump for City Backpackers at $29 each a night in a shared 6 person dorm which smelt of cheese! (Bit of a reality check after luxurious Thailand!) It did have a pool with underwater viewing window..although it was WAY too cold to use it!

In Brisbane we had AMAZING steaks at the Kookaburra Cafe, visited the 'South Bank' which included a 'Millennium Wheel', visited the west end (drab), spent $40 on a tiny lonely planet book and hired out a Hippie Camper!!

May the Happy Hippie Camper Adventures BEGIN!!!

We trekked from Brisbane with our bags on the train to the Hippie Camper home, just outside of town. After a long wait in the office, and a lot of money out of Stu's account 😞 we finally met our new travelling companion..slightly gay looking, but we love Hetty Flowerpot all the same (yes we have named her :s ).
We hit the Australian highway..so pleased they drive on our side of the road!! Rainbow Beach was logged in the SatNav's system and we were off!

All was going swimmingly until SatNav said the only route was along a 32km dirt track...we didn't know if the Mitsubishi Camper could make it. We decided to continue..passing signs like 'Four Wheel Drive Only', and 'Drive With Extreme Caution'!! After a whole HOUR AND A HALF we arrived in Rainbow Beach, there was also a Tarmac road leading here as well..which SatNav decided to ignore!

Rainbow Beach was our first camping experience, very cold but we managed to cook up a feast..Chicken and vegetables with rice and pasta with lemon tuna...DELICIOUS! 😉

After 2 nights here we headed further North, to where we currently are at Hervey Bay and Scarness Touring Park. Hervey Bay is pretty boring, but we have just booked a Whale sightseeing adventure boat trip..in an hour!! Hopefully we will get some amazing pictures of the Whales on their migration...

The plan is to follow the warmth and go North..but avoid the saltwater crocs!! :s

We hope you are all fine and dandy..missing you all,

Oscar and Stu X


Additional photos below
Photos: 29, Displayed: 23


Advertisement

The Bank nightclub..can you spot OUR Queen?!The Bank nightclub..can you spot OUR Queen?!
The Bank nightclub..can you spot OUR Queen?!

p.s. Australian girls have no idea where the UK OR Europe is!!


22nd August 2008

Good Morning Baltimore!!!!!!!!!!!
SHIT the cat has TITS, so she's going on a diet. pop Calm down! Nobody likes me! pop Over and out, (Tegan and Sara wish they were at Reading) pop If we don't recover...............stitch it up!

Tot: 0.139s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 12; qc: 55; dbt: 0.0859s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb