Thailand Finale!!


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » Central Thailand » Bangkok
August 14th 2008
Published: August 16th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Our last few days... 😞



So we end our journey in Thailand 😞 Its been an amazing stay, and we've loved pretty much every second of it!

Our last few days continue from Koh Phi Phi. We visited the islands viewpoint with Maisie, one of the English girls who kept 'stalking' us! After a mammoth climb, we waited with other tourists for the sunset which finally happened at around 6.30pm. It was amazing, the view of the bay with the palm trees and the small town was beautiful (see pics).
That night we went out with Maisie because her friend Claire was ill. Maisie lost her bag with her camera and wallet...we are really gutted because it had awesome pictures of both of us doing a FIRE limbo!!! 😞

We caught our flight to Bangkok from Phuket with AirAsia, this took about 1hr30 and was a really good service! Our last two days were to be spent in the Sawasdee Bangkok Inn on the Khao San Road. We were a little worried about the accomodation but it was really good quality for somewhere so close to all the action.

Dads (Oscars) friend Mark, had visited Thailand a month earlier and knowing that I was also visiting, left a message for me in the Saranrom Royal Garden. To find the message we had a few cryptic pictures, and some clues. Amazingly we found the small plastic bag, complete with a note with guidance for our stay and: condoms, rehydration tablets and Tiger Balm!! It was good fun having a full scale hunt in central Bangkok..so thank you Mark!

After a couple of crazy nights out on the Khao San Road we caught our flight to Australia. At the metal detectors, the staff flagged up Stu's bag..apparently it had a screwdriver in it!!? We didn't think they were right because we had managed to get through security in Heathrow...
After a lengthy search, the Thai official found not only a dodgy looking screwdriver...BUT also a SCALPEL!! :s Nice one Stu!

We are now in OZ..stay tuned for the next installment 😉

Love

Oscar and Stu xxx


Additional photos below
Photos: 16, Displayed: 16


Advertisement



24th August 2008

I miss Thailand! :(
Heey guys! I finally found your blog and was desperately looking for a mention of the amazing english girls you met...finally found it and got very happy! There's even THREE pictures of me...SCORE! But it saddens me to see me holding my camera in one of them :( cant believe it still. dammit. I love your blog, it actually hasmanaged to make me laugh out loud (Stuart only bringing a dying Oscar guava juice after 6 HOURS hahaha). Anyway, i hope you're having a fantastico time! From your number one stalker... xxx
11th September 2008

Home$lice
Hey man, what's popping. I finally got the link for your blogs. Seen a few of the pics, and your definately having a blast out there, so good on ya. Anywayhow just thought I woudl drop by as I recently came gack from my hols aswell. Anwyay when your back you can check the picture albums on Facebook. I'm now back at Gibberds, whoo whoo. Speak later.

Tot: 0.091s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 11; qc: 52; dbt: 0.0467s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb