Day 9


Advertisement
Published: February 29th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Today we woke up around 8:30. We had no food so we went out to find a grocery store. We also wernt happy with our hostel so we decided we would try to find another one. We found Brisbane City Backpackers which was located about 500 metres west of where we were before. The hostel is located in the very northwest area of Brisbane's downtown area. Once we had booked the hostel for that night we left to find a grocery store. All three of us went to the store and got our groceries. By the time we got back to our hostel it was 11 O'clock however. This was not good because you much check out at 10 O'clock from the hostel or else you loose your 10 dollar key deposit. Because of this we were each out 10 dollars. We grabbed our stuff and couldnt wait to get out of the place. We got our clothes and our groceries and went straight to our new hostel. The room at our new hostel was a 20 person room which was the largest we had ever been in. It was also the cheapest at 19 dollars a night. The rest of the day we got our stuff unpacked, grabbed lunch and started looking for jobs. We ended up being told that there would be a meeting at the hostel the next day at 11:30 for jobs which had been posted. Because of this we decided to go out and price phones. We priced the phones and got back around dinner time. We grabbed dinner and went out for the night because Luke was leaving us. We went out and grabbed a drink at a sports bar because we had been without sports for 11 days. After that we went back to the hostel and hit the sheets.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.101s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 9; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0543s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb