XXXX Ale House Tour Brisbane 9th of January 2007


Advertisement
Published: February 6th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Ale House TourAle House TourAle House Tour

Not very exciting but we weren't allowed to take pictures in the brewery
Well it's been pissing it down with rain for days now and I'm starting to go stir crazy. Me and Stu decided to do the XXXX Ale house tour which was only 5 minutes walk away. Unfortunately there was no photography allowed inside the brewery but I managed to take some outside the building and in the bar. The tour takes about an hour and goes through the history of the XXXX brand and the way the beer is made. You also get to see some of the processes involved in making the beer and the bottling of the beer. Very thirst work so its just as well that as part of your ticket you get 4 free beers at the end of the tour. They also make a beer called XXX which is only served in the Ale House bar. It's based on one of the older brews and is not a bad drop if I do say so myself. The good thing was a lot of people only stayed for a couple of beers so on there way out they passed there tickets on to other people. Ended up having a session for free, a bit like when woody comes round to mine. Also bought a few souvenirs from the shop, including some new thongs, a hat and a stubby holder to go into my growing collection.



Advertisement



Tot: 0.114s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 56; dbt: 0.0548s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb