New Years Eve Brisbane 31st of December 2007


Advertisement
Published: February 6th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Moved into the city back packers on Upper Roma Street on the 30th of Jan. Pretty good place, there's a swimming pool, Irish Bar, Free Internet, (if you can get on). Got into the room and found I was in a 9 person dorm. 3 English lads, an English girl, 2 girls from Finland, a Japanese Girl and a guy from Poland. Pretty good mix I suppose. One of the English Guys Stu talked to me straight away so I quickly decided to adopt him as my drinking buddy. The 2 Finish girls were mates with Stu and were pretty chatty so we went down to the bar for a pint.
New years eve was a pretty early start as there wasn't much else to do between Christmas and New Year with everything being shut. Think we managed to hold on till about 6:30-7. Went to Tinbillys to start off proceedings and continued into town stopping off in the Criterion and Union Jacks. It's been a while since I'd been on the pints, especially as I was on the heavies. It's like doing a night out on Stella, you quickly feel it. I was pleased to see 'Tetley Bitter' on sale in Union Jacks as well as 'Bulmer's' on Tap. After Union Jack we walked to the South Bank for the firework display. It was pretty quiet as the rain was really coming down but still a few people there. Here's a few photos.
Wishing everyone a Happy New Year.
Best Wishes
Calvin




Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.046s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 7; qc: 24; dbt: 0.027s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1023.8kb