Rainbow beach, Noosa and Brisbane


Advertisement
Published: May 9th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Hey Everyone,

The last day at hervey bay we went for a wander after cheaking out and found the most beautiful beach, absolutply desereted. well me being me promtly went and bought a bucket and spade 😊 and spent the whole day building a fortress. the beach was so amazing, surrounded by lush green trees and not far away from our hostle and with lots of nice clean swimmable sea, and it was totally deserted woo! we caught the bus later and headed for our next stop.

I arrived at rainbow beach at night and got very confused when the bus driver announced that we were at summerbay (from home and away!). I had a really good cheap fish and chips yum. The room gave me the creeps, it was lovely and big but the beds and cupboards were creapy (they looked like ikea stuff but in a scary stile!).

The next day we got up really early (i dont know why!) and when I was having breakfast, I was absoluplty delighted when I was joined by about 12 beautiful white cockatoos white beauiful yellow head pieces and yellow underwings. they were massive and made a very loud noise but I thought they were wonderful. ( I Want them - hint for chirstmas 😉 haha. we then went for a wonder round the local shops. This is a tiny place but much much nicer than hervey bay. we wonderred down to the beach which is just as beautiful as hervey bay. apart from the fact that half the beach seemed to be dedicated to millions of 4WD's. The beach looked like it had been run over by lodes of giant rakes. our bit was nice though and we spent the day just doing nothing (again). oh and we booked our stuff for the next day.

The next day we were up nice and early again (groan) but I got to see the nice birds yay. we got on the bus and headed off for frasiure island. me and vicki tryed to find dolfins as we got on the small ferry across the water. appently this island is surrounded by lodes of big and dangerous sharks but we didnt see any of those ither. It was early and we were still feeling a bit rough from the early moring start but soon got jolted awake. speding down a 70 mile pure sand beach where other 4WD's have already been is very wobbily as you are driving in realy deep other tracks. After about 10 mins I had had enough and was ready never to get in another car again. It felt like being on the most rockist boat. ugh. we stopped for breakfast ( all we got was a stodge ball of a muffin and 'juice' which was just squash. we then headed for makensie lake. this is a beautiful lake made up from the collection of rotten leaves so the water doesnt trickle away. me and vicki promtly did our bay watch run into the lake to find that it was FREEZING. brrrr. but being true brits, we were detrimied to have a swim so we spent about 10 mins lying about. it wasnt too bad once you climatised, actully it was really nice and refreshing, and as the sand was silica you could exphoiate your skin. (we have some good photos). we then had to quickly dry off and head back to the bus/lorry/wobbly thing. we went for a nice rainforset walk for a bit and saw some huge trees. then we headed off for a buffet lunch. this was really delitious. we had brought samwidge bages with us so that we could stock up on food for the next few days. I was in the middle of the most amazing non descireted food collecting proses, when a nice waiter came up to me and gave us pots to put our food in and said take as much as we want.! bargine! after that we headed up the beach and saw some mulitcoured sand. I personally think the IOW is better for that. and then we drove back and found a ship wreak from a big old boat which was also used as target practise in ww2! that was quite cool. i still havent found a real dingo yet.

we headed back to our hostle and had choclate cake. yum. Oh also somthing really weird happened. It rained. This is the first time I have seen rain since I have been on my trip. It was refreshingly pleasent, i realised that I had actually missed the rain!

The next day I caught a bus down to noosa. Well this was a dissapointement ish. What I mean is first I forgot the name of the hostle we were booked into. woops. when the pickup bus found us we got there and they charged us more than they said on the phone so i was not very impressed. I decied that the pool was rubbish and the rooms were weird. in the kitchen they had a cooker , which they were not allowed to turn on for ' insurnace reasons' how stupid is that?!?!? we went for a wonder down to the water. the only place you could lye was wet from the river and next to a bridge. and when we did find a spot there were ants everywhere. stupid things.

we went shopping which was fun and had a bit of retail therpy. It was really cheap so we were allowed. then we made supper and found the tv room. this was the best part of noosa. it was hidden away so noone knew about it and it had comfy sofas and games and books and we were toatlly happy. we got there just intime with our microwave meals - cooking is just too complicated when your hungry and cant be bothered to by lots of ingreadince for one meal which just wont keep. if anyone has any ideas for cheap easy meals apart from pasta,pasta and more pasta then pleaseeee let me know. Anyway we sat down with our meals just intime for neighbours. This was like the first time we had been able to watch it in pease apart from in Airlie beach. after that we tryed to catch the free bus. and failed. so We decieded to get some public transport into town, which was fun. where we went and saw spider man three at a really amazing cheap cinema. the seats did not flip up and they were spacious and leather and dead comfy and it was tuesday so it was cheap!!! the film is very very exercent although not everyone has agreed with me. I though it was awesome so eveyone should go and see it. they played spiderman one and 2 on tv so I just wathched them first and now i saw 3. its good. anyway we caught the bus back just in time, and went to sleep.

I couldnt sleep. Im still having dreams of jumping of the stupid bungee jump (i cant get this out of my head) eveynight. its quite funny really. silly bungee.

The next day we got got up rideculsly early and waited for ages then caught a free bus into town. we got our free icecreams . (David you would have LOVED these, they were brightly couloured and very very tasty) I had passionfruite and berryfruite flavor. yum. the we caught our bus (I alsmost got on the wrong one) which was so emptly it was great. After a quick pie stop - YUM we ended up in brisbane. This city is amazing. ive only been here a few hours so far. our hostle is like a bording school (how exiteing) with a weird old fashinoned train staion lift in the mdidle of it. The city is a mixture of edinburgh liverpool and london. I love it so far, I feel quite at home! found a cheap cd shop which was great. Basiclay having a wonder around. we found this interntet cafe which was cheap so we have ended up there.

Thats all for now.

Love from Katharine xxxxxxx

Advertisement



9th May 2007

arrgh
If the atrocious spelling in this blog is an example of what's coming out of the English education system then God save the Empire.
9th May 2007

drip drip drip
its raining in london for the first time in ages too. how odd. the world is having a bath methinks...

Tot: 0.168s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.1322s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb