Quick Update while we can


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Australia Zoo
July 5th 2007
Published: July 5th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Hi all....

Hope this finds you well.

Just a quick update on the weekend while we have a chance.

Ok...so we finally got are Campervan, not too bad it drives ok, the bed folds down and is managable, we even have are own microwave. Although there are some faults like the internal light been very tempormental, one monute blasting out super sonic light then the next barley enough to track a mossy! As you can imagine very annoying. Oh at lest not forget the dodgy smell that lingers around from the previous owner. All in all not to bad and Kelly has name the poor thing Joey.

So we headed down to the Gold Coast and hit the Theme parks, a bit dissapointing to tell the truth, Dreamworld was first, not very busy, which was good. Had possibly 2/3 good rides the rest very average.

The first is an open air pole that extends into the air a mile up-alright not a mile but F88king high, it takes you up very slowly and leaves you suspended up there probably to take in the views, but lets say (for those who know i suffer a little vertigo) i could not see much as my eyes were transfixed ahead, plams sweating heart racing, a did not want to be up there, just wanted the ride to end. Well there was my second mistake... the first getting on the darn thing, the second wishing it to end. The next 4 seconds were possibly the worst of my life, the ride fell and i thought i was going to die!!!

After that near death experince we wondered around visiting the various animals, Kel paying particular attention to the Kola, getting our picture taken with Kel holding one, and as custom we were charged a riduclous amount of money for the honour.

Next stop Wet n Wild, outdoor middle of winter i thought we were mad, however, with temperture around 20 it was warm enough, agian a few good rides one awesome one, the rest average.

Then on to what Kel had been looking forward to for months as we had this date booked in the diary months a go. SEA WORLD and Kel's chance to swim with everyones favourite mammel the Dolphin.

What an experince to get up close and personnel with these magnificant creatures was purely breathtaking. Words can not discribe how good it was. Again charged the earth for the privlage. Photos will have to wait as hard copies.

Next stop State of Origin 3, for those naive peole who do not understand this is poosibly th ebiggest Rugby League game of the calender year here in Auistralia. The rwo states Queensland MAROONS and NSW Blues face each other in an 3 games mini series each year to have bragging rights! MAROONS had already won theseries but were going for a 3 nil whitewash something that doesn't happen all too often. Great game, Kel actually really enjoyed it atmosphere electric, The blues running out 18-6 winners to save face. Kel very happy as that who she was shouting for ( why i here you ask - well she felt sorry that they were losing 2 nil in the series, oh and she took a bit of a liking for BIG Willy Mason).

So there you have it i have rabbited on a bit but hope you have found it somewhat interesting.

Hope your all well.

Dave & Kel

xox

Oh next stop Australia Zoo - Legend Steve Irwin's Zoo. Then off up the coast to hit Fraser Island



Advertisement



Tot: 0.089s; Tpl: 0.016s; cc: 10; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0498s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1.1mb