Airlie Beach


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Airlie Beach
March 1st 2011
Published: March 24th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Like I said in my last blog we got up and went to the lookout over Bowen this morning. We then made our way down to Airlie beach. We stopped at a tourist information center on our way and booked a place to stay called Club Crocodile and we ended up booking our Whitsunday sailing trip as the price had dropped from what we saw online.

We had to check in at the office for the boat first so we headed there first. We had to fill in some information for them and let them know our food restrictions if any. We were warned that the boat needed 12 people to go and there were currently only 9 people booked for the next day. If it wasn't going to go we would be put on a different boat that went for 2 nights instead of one. So we hoped for a few more people to book the boat and checked into our hotel.

Club Crocodile is a hotel/hostel. We were staying in a hostel room but had it all to ourselves. There were 2 single beds and a bunk bed in the room, our own bathroom and a small fridge. There is also 2 pools here. Seeing as it wasn't quite raining but still ridiculously hot we decided to jump into the pool. It's a big pool with a waterfall and we spent a good hour or so in the pool. After we all had showers we hopped into the car and checked with the boat office again and they let us know there was now 11 people and the skipper decided to take the boat out so we were set to sail off tomorrow. We looked in a few shops around town and saw that they have a lagoon here just like they did in Cairns for free as well.

We had dinner at a cute little mexican restaurant. Unfortunately for me I had woken up a few days ago with a bad sore throat which turned into a full cold and by this time I couldn't taste a single thing. I ordered the chilli and although I couldn't taste it I could sure feel just how spicy it was. Nothing worse then not being able to taste anything! Grrrr. We walked around after dinner looking at a few more shops and then headed back to our hotel to prepare for our sailing trip to the Whitsundays!!!!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.25s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 16; qc: 68; dbt: 0.1207s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb