OOOOOOZzzzzzz!


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Airlie Beach
December 16th 2010
Published: December 16th 2010
Edit Blog Post

aaahhh my tralveblog - ive been having so much fun and on the road so much this has been slightly forgotten about but im back!!

so i need to condense Australia so far into the next few lines - thats approx 9000 miles travelling, 3 cities, numerous small towns and meeting a lot of great (mad) people, 2 of which are waiting in the car for me now for the next adventure.

Sydney at the time was great, spent a week there beaut scenery - fav spot was Manly Beach (a 30 min ferry ride from Sydney harbour). It was chilled out, hot and a 'hip' crowd, managed to catch some surfing championship when iw as there but to be honest ive seen bigger waves getting out of the bath

Melbourne was much cooler, spent 2 weeks there in St Kilda area by the beach. Met loads of Irish people, some of which im meeting in Sydney for NYE and staying with.

Got flight to Cairns in the North about 2 weeks ago. Worst flight ever, turbulence was crazy the whole way, never a good sign when the stewardesses begin to panic, couldnt wait to get off and the 12 hour bus journey from Sydney to Melbourne suddenly didnt seem that bad

Cairns was like being back in thailand only the sun was out, 37 degrees, jungle all around, lots of strange creatures running around (outside the hostel!) including a herd of bats, aboriginies, and such like. Met two guys from Falls road on my first night and needless to say the craic was mighty. My friend Peter from Sydney came up last weekend so we spent a few days out on the Barrier Reef sailing, snorkelling and diving.

Left Cairns on Tuesday with 2 dutch girls i had met in Melbourne and again bumped into Cairns who had hired a car so we took off for Townsville which is half way to Arlie Beach. Arrived around 5pm with a stop off in a town called Tully (UFO and wettest capital of Oz were the only claim to fame - hicksville rang a bell)

Just spent one night in Townsville before hitting the road early to 'Arlie' beach. Got here 3pm and booked straight away onto our 3 day tour of the barrier reef, whitsundays, etc. That kicks off tomorrow so i will update again upon my return providing i havent succumbed to any jellyfish or shark...


Advertisement



Tot: 0.084s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0454s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb