Tuesday June 22, 2010


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Airlie Beach
June 26th 2010
Published: June 26th 2010
Edit Blog Post

We had to check out of the hostel by 10 in the morning, so we got up had breakfast and packed. Luckily we could leave our bags at the hostel for the day as we were taking a bus to Rockhampton at 12 midnight. In town I picked up my advanced open water dive card, Anna got her hair cut and we wandered the shops for a bit. While we were away for the weekend Daniele was flying to his University to pass in his PhD, so we decided to surprise him with a congrats present. We finally settled on espresso and an espresso maker for the new house. We walked to the grocery store in the next town; luckily it was a gorgeous day and the walk was really nice. After a few hours of shopping around we headed back, this time taking the longer scenic boardwalk. We stopped for a bit, had lunch in town and headed back to the hostel. We all fell asleep on some lounge chairs in the front lawn. The hostel was really nice with a ton of separated rooms, a large kitchen and living room area with a pool table, bar and pool outside and pretty decent sized yard with hammocks and chairs. When we woke up we played a few games of yahtzee (Susanne is addicted) then headed into town for dinner. I had some delicious fish and chips and the girls had food from a noodle bar. After eating and playing a few more games of yahtzee, we headed back to the hostel, watched the movie “The Majestic” with some of the other people, and then grabbed our stuff and walked to the bus stop. It was really cold, so when the bus finally arrive people tried to rush on board. We all checked in, got our seats (luckily 1 person per 2 seats so we could stretch out and sleep) and soon enough I was out.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.053s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 12; qc: 29; dbt: 0.0171s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb