Tuesday 6/15/10


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Airlie Beach
June 15th 2010
Published: June 15th 2010
Edit Blog Post

We have been off the water for the past few days. I didn’t write yesterday (Monday)because it has been another unexciting few days. Katharina, Guido and Daneile woke up at 4:30 to watch the German vs. Australian soccer game. For anyone that doesn’t know, the FIFA world cup (of soccer) is currently taking place in South Africa. Due to the time difference, games are on tv at 9:30 PM and 4:30 AM. Afterwards they went back to bed, while I slept a bit. It was the Queen’s birthday, so we had a bunch of chores to do, but the stores were closed. It turns out that the boat issues were a bit more complicated than we thought, and Daniele has to buy a bunch of safety equipment. We also have to do a boat floatation test on Wednesday to test the boat. He was planning on doing all the preparations yesterday, but with the holiday we just stayed in and did work. I didn’t have anything to do, so I went to the pool and swam for a bit. We made nachos and and homemade quacamole dip for dinner and sat up watching the Denmark vs. Norway game. I fell alseep during the game and headed to bed.
Today Daniele and Guido got up to watch the Italian game. I woke up to a bit of screaming, but Katharina and I slept until 9. It was drizzling by then, and soon the wind and rain picked up. The four of us headed into Cannonvale, a town about five minutes on the other side of Airlie Beach, to do errands. Guido was mailing some of the skin samples to his lab to be analyzed, and the rest of us hit up the bank and a few other places. WE came back home, and did a bit more work in the apartment. Early evening we went grocery shopping, and Daniele headed to the gym. When he got back from the gym Daniele and I started to make dinner. Asparagus Rissoto, DELICIOUS. We all hunkered down to watch another game.
Our flotation test is tomorrow at 10, so hopefully we pass that (not sure what passing is though). Daniele has been working on paperwork to register the boat as commercial instead of as recreational, getting other safety equipment and paperwork and set up, so after the test we should be all set for the rest of the season. Also, Daniele and I are heading down to Yeppoon on sunday for the rest of the season, so he set up housing for us. We are staying at his friends house for the summer, but there is no furniture there. He rented us a house for a week, so we can get the house furnished. Also, a few of Daniele’s university friends are joining us on Saturday for a week or so, and they should be flying in this weekend. Hopefully the weather clears up soon and we can get back on the water!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.089s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 8; qc: 57; dbt: 0.0476s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb