Second Half of the Trip with the Parentals


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Airlie Beach
March 23rd 2009
Published: March 23rd 2009
Edit Blog Post

Well the trip with mom and dad is winding down. We only have a couple days left and we're spending them here in Airlie Beach for the most part. But i'll start where I left off.

After three days of driving we made it to Ayers Rock. It was nice to stay in one place for more then one night and the apartment that we were staying in was really nice. We spent the first day in the pool since the temp was about 38C but the next day we went to the Uluru National Park to see Ayers Rock! This is what we drove so far to see and it didn't disappoint. It was absolutely MASSIVE! We spent a couple hours roaming the area and taking tons of pictures. The natives don't like you walking on it cause it's a sacred rock but JP and I couldn't resist the photo op so we climbed up one of the sides...I figure i've lied in the vatican already, I might as well disrespect a rock. We saw another set of rocks and went back to the hotel for something to eat.

We woke up early on our last day in ayers rock to see the sunrise and then we were off again. We had two brutal days of driving to get out to the coast. On the way we spent nights in Alice Springs and Mt. Isa and on the third day we arrived in Cairns. From here on out, it was short drives and beaches everywhere. Two big bonuses! We spent two days in Cairns shopping for souvenirs and one day in Kuranda doing much of the same with a zoo thrown in there too. We have also visited Townsville and then ended in Airlie Beach. We have a few more nights here and the i'm putting the parents back on the plane and shipping them home. I'll write about our airlie beach adventures soon.

Advertisement



23rd March 2009

pair-o-rentals
Glad to hear you are going to send the pair-o-rentals back at some point. It also sounds like you and J.P. have been good guides, I have had some contact with your mom and dad. Camryn doesn`t miss them at all, matter of fact we should her pictures of Kevin and Debbie and she cried. she either didn`t recognize them or they scared her. I also told Camryn that Gramma and Grampa ran out of money and wouldn`t be buying her any gifts from Australia.

Tot: 0.176s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.1445s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb