Airlie beach - Pips birthday/skydive and the whitsunday islands!!


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Airlie Beach
March 28th 2008
Published: March 28th 2008
Edit Blog Post

real great whitereal great whitereal great white

we went to a shark museum, this was 10 ft shark
We have had such a fun last 10 days. We were in airlie beach for 4 nights and chill out days on the beach, and a very unforgetable day on Pips birthday. We went skydiving, it was incredible, we flew over the whitsunday islands, and we did it at sunset - perfect! Considering i am scared of heights, i am shocked that i jumped out of a plane that was 14000ft high. The one minute free fall was such a weird feeling! So amazing im going to try and upload the dvd i got soon. We then sailed to the whitsunday islands . The boat was so much fun, met lots of people! We had beautiful weather for 3 days solid which was ideal for what we were doing. We went to all the islands of the whitsundays and they went to white haven beach. The sand at whitehaven isnt like sand it feels like silk, its made out of silko i think? and the colour is so so white its beautiful. Pip and i saw 2 reef sharks which was pretty serial, and we saw millions of fish when we snorkled. we also had such nice food which was cooked for us so it was a nice break from food shopping and cooking.


Additional photos below
Photos: 58, Displayed: 22


Advertisement

before my sky divebefore my sky dive
before my sky dive

i was so so nervous, my instucter was called steve he was so lovely.
coming down to landcoming down to land
coming down to land

this is about 300 ft away from the ground, imagine 14000ft!!!


Tot: 0.064s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 14; qc: 29; dbt: 0.03s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb