Hitchiking - Noosa to Airlie Beach


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Airlie Beach
November 13th 2007
Published: November 13th 2007
Edit Blog Post

We didn't really hitchike all that way - just a small hitchiking expedition over the hill in Noosa curtesy of Sarah who was gonna do it anyway and what sort of people would we be if we didnt go with her. It was Halloween aswell but when we got in the car at the hostel Stacey asked him if he was going to kill us and he said he was still working so no and we just got in. It was only a couple of minutes drive though and Sarah reckoned she could take him on so we figured we would be ok.

She is the only English person we have allowed ourselves to be friends with because she was on her own - other than that we are avoiding all english people where possible and have done a damn good job too. The locals we have found to be far more entertaining and we are developing our own local accent! The Enlglish accent is really starting to grate on us - especially Louise who has asked me to shut the hell up on numerous occaisions - poor Louise.

We have had the best time in Noosa and we ended up staying for nearly a week cos we were lazy and wanted to stay to watch Nick in the Triathalon and he did really well - well done Nick! We went for a BBQ with Nick and his wife and baby Chloe and their friends which was nice.

We went to Fraser Island once we managed to drag ourselves away from Noosa and the weather was crap but we got to drive the bus so that was cool and Lou got some more sleep on the tour through the rainforest as usual.

We got out of Harvey Bay pretty quick and came to Airlie Beach which is apparently the gateway to the Whitsunday Islands - we were told you can spit from one side of the place to the other it is so small - which is true - we have tried it - lots.

We have had such an amazing time here though I have never laughed so much ever. On our first night we found a cool random bar called the Blue Moon where this guy was playing guitar and everyone who lived here seemed to be there. It felt like we had gatecrashed a private party but it was so funny. Then the owner got really drunk and started to fight his own barman who then had to actually throw the owner out of his own pub and they had a fight on the beach. It nearly wiped Louise out several times and his mate was on top of him trying to hold him down. We escaped just before the police came and now we have spent all week with them. They were also the crew on our boat.

We have done a three day boat trip round the whitsundays which was amazing and did loads of snorkelling and lying around on the deck.

What we forgot to tell you was that Stacey acutally knocked herself unconscious on the boat after being on there about only an hour! I was coming out of the cabin and went to run up the stairs - not a good idea on a boat it turns out - and whacked my head off the ceiling and saw black and passed the hell out and woke up flat on my back on the floor seeing stars at the feet of Phil who was one of the deckhands. He proceeded to spit his cornflakes out all over the table cos it was hillarious and said he had tried to shout ''DONT RUN UP THE STAIRS!'' but didnt (thanks). On the bright side I am now about 5 foot 7 inches which is the height I have always wanted to be but unfortunaltey I cant move my head without moving the rest of my body...

I think that is what they call Karma though cos we did watch Matt walk into a glass door the night before and got it on video.

Staying in Aus for a bit longer now and are going to fly out to Bangkok on the 21st we think. Off on the nightbus to Cairns tonight!

XXXXXXXXXXXXXX


Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement



Tot: 0.065s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 11; qc: 29; dbt: 0.0264s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb