Living in the Tropics


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Airlie Beach
September 17th 2007
Published: September 17th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Hello everyone!

We hope you are all well. Just a quick update to let you know what we have been up to over the last week or so. We are currently in Airlie Beach on the Whitsunday coast and are loving the 30 degree temperatures we have had for the last 2 weeks!! Smug smug!

We picked up the camper van last Monday and have spent the last week making our way slowly to the Whitsundays. The first night we went north to Cape Tribulation, which was an interesting drive through the mountains on roads that had seen better days to say the least. It was worth it though, as Cape Trib is stunning and we spent a night there before making our way back past Cairns and on to Mission Beach.

En Route we passed a lovely spot called the Boulders, which had a couple of walks through the rainforest and a little picnic ground. We stayed at Mission Beach for 3 nights, as it was just beautiful and we found a campsite right on the beach. We did very little for those three days apart from sit on the beach, a couple of walks and generally chill hard!

From there we made our way down to Townsville and stayed at a National Park campground at Aligator Creek just south of the city. The NP was great and only $9 a night!! We shared the campground with Wallabies, possums and bush turkeys (which are everywhere and try to get in the van at every opportunity!)

We went into Townsville, which is a scenic little city with a boardwalk right along the beach with stunning views of magnetic island. A very enjoyable couple of days was had there, although the city seems to shut down for the weekend...weird!

And then we made it to the Whitsundays yesterday and have generally been sunning ourselves here! We are both getting a nice shade of pink that we hope will eventually go brown...but nonetheless you can tell we have been in the sun!

Thats about it for now...we were hoping to put some photos on the site today, but we can't find anywhere that will let us upload...very unfair of them, but as soon as we find somewhere, we will put a bumper load on for you all to see.

Anyway...enjoy your Monday (smug smug again!!)

Rich & Helen x

Advertisement



Tot: 0.202s; Tpl: 0.016s; cc: 7; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0454s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb