Airlie Beach


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Airlie Beach
August 28th 2005
Published: December 24th 2005
Edit Blog Post

Unfortunately we had to pack up and leave our boudoir motel room and the owner (Wanda!) gave us a lift into town so we could go to the local markets before getting the bus to Airlie ... It was a load of tat basically but quite nice to have a stroll around. On one stall selling crocheted hats(!) there was a sign saying "Pidgeons for hire - release pidgeons on your wedding day" and acccompanying photos of some tacky weddings with the bride and groom releasing these birds out of a white cage sat on a pink puffed satin plinth! Brilliant! What are pidgeons with a D anyhow? I thought that was what people in Papua New Guinea spoke? And how do they get them back in the cage afterwards? The mind boggles.

Anyhow, enough of that conundrum. We got the bus to Airlie Beach which seems really nice, but that could be because loads of people said it was nothing special so i was pleasantly surprised! We had a walk round town and then had dinner at the cheesy bar next to the hostel on the evening. Oh yeah, and first experience of walking into a dorm room to find a couple in bed together earlier.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.086s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 6; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0447s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb