Party Boat!


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Airlie Beach
June 22nd 2007
Published: August 9th 2007
Edit Blog Post

22/06/07

Today, we headed over to the habour to climb aboard our party boat! Whoo! The boat was called "Reality is". It was a grey, horrible day, so we were abit worried about a three day open air boat trip! We arrived at the habour and it looked as though we had a good group, so we headed to a nearby off licence to get some necessary supplies. With a few cans a "Red Bear", a radioactive vodka and soda alcohol drink, we were ready to set sail.

Onboard, the male to female ratio was very enjobable, about four guys to every girl! We met a group of three guys from London, who had been travelling around together-Baki, Ashley and a ginger boy who name escapes me. We also met a group of guys who had just met in Oz, two from Liverpool, one from Lancs and the other three from around London. They all seemed funny and lovely, so we knew the next few days would be fun, even if the weather continued. Feeling more relaxed, we started on the red bear's and chatted to our fellow shipmates. The mixture of being on a boat and the red bears was not going down well with Beanie, so she called it a day. Anna and I kept going and were feeling very giggly as we got off at our destination.

Our room for the night was a dark, small, wet, cold, uncomfortable two man tent. So we headed down to the nearby resort to have some dinner, drinks, play some games and try and forget about the tent situation. We had a few drinks and started the games off! We split into teams of Northerns Vs. Southerns, so all was to play for! After some very heated games of Pictiorary and charades (which obviously the southerns won!), we had a drink while taking in the view around us. The resort was right on the beach front and althought it was rainy and grey, it still was beautiful. I was invited to play pool with an attractive Ozzy barman, called Ryan. While Jan and Bean struck vogue style poses in the communal toliets!!! Soon after kicking Ryan arse at pool, we got ready for bed and fell asleep to the sound of rats fighting outside!

23/06/07

Next day we went scuba diving! It was so cold! I tried scuba diving but was not that keen, so went off snoorkling. But Bean and Jan did a dive and really enjoyed it. We also had figure hugging stinger suits on! A sight not to be missed, we waddled down to the sea in flippers and our lycra jumpsuits!

Back on the boat it was time to start drinking again! Bean and I were bullied into doing a snoorkle mask of Goon (cheap Ozzy wine). We completed the task successfully and were the only girls to do so! Back at the camp site, we had dinner and started the games again with the boys. We played shithead and "I have never". I think everyone was feeling the effects of the Jacob's Creek. Anna was alseep on a bench looking rather peaky! Bean was with the boys, performing party tricks and having a good laugh! And I was playing pool with Ryan again and getting aquainted with his tonsils! Eek! But that did mean that Ryan let us sleep in the staff quarters in a spare double bed. So Bean, Jan and I huddle up together, so at least we had a dry but cramped nights sleep!

24/06/07

Up at 6am and back on the boat. Bean was sea sick and Anna looked as if she could follow any second. She manged to keep it in though! Good girl. We got back on dry land and were sad to be leaving because we had such a good few days with the guys and the crew. However, we were meeting up that night for a meal and to say goodbye.

That evening just flew by, Anna and I choose a very skepital chicken dish, we had a few drinks, with the boys and bust out the funky chicken and the lawnmower along with other classics! Then we said a sad farewll to the boys and headed to bed!

Thanks for reading. lots of love Sooty x



Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement



4th July 2007

I don't want to be sat here at work - I want to go on a party boat! Booo!
10th July 2007

Hey Panda
I dunno if you would've liked it that much hun. It was chucking it down and so was Bean on the boat. I think we would've happily swapped for a cozy warm chair at work on a few occasions!! Much love xxxxxxx

Tot: 0.041s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0208s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb