Traverling down south


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Airlie Beach
April 28th 2007
Published: April 28th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Hey everyone,

Well ive left cains behind. I woke up nice and early at 6am and walked for about 20 mins with my heavey (im sure its grone bigger again) rucksack on and sat waiting for my bus at the bus stop. After it didnt arrive i got a bit worried and went to find a travel agent to ask where it was but they were not open. luckly I saw my big green bus round the corner parked at a differnt bus stop on the oppostie street. woops. Well thinking phew as I got on it I proplty fell asleep. As we stopped for a small rainforest walk, I suddlently realised that me being me had lost my passport, driving licence and credit cards (woops) and had a quick panic for 5 minits before forgetting about it. We got to a crocadile farm and I remebered that I had lost them and asked our bus driver for help. He got on the phone( as ive broken mine as sun creme got in it ) and said he would try and sort it out.

The crocadile farm held over 4000 crocs and some of them were HUGE. appently when the toirnado hit last year, none of them escaped as they are such lazy animals. Some of them were over 5 and a half meters long and were about a meter fat. it was like looking at a dinasore. I got to feed some kanagroos to my delight and hald lots of snakes and lizards and other creatures ( I want a big cuddly snake now there amazing!). I also tried crocadile. We ate crocadile on sticks. It tastes a bit like chicken and has the same texture as fish but it was ok. I didnt stay at mission beach but went on to magnetic island. We got a ferry across and stayed at a place called BASE. this is like a club/ hostle and if you wanted to go to bed before 4 am there was no chance. luckky we didnt. the hostle was rather pricy and a bit scanky. The kitchen was flithy and the dorms were mixed. Ive deceided that boys smell. our hostle backed onto the beach so you could just walk out to the sea.

we got our free breakfast in the morning then my freinds and I went on a walk to a place in the lonly planet called picnic bay. In the book its descibed as a beautiful busy shopping beach. We got there. It was a ghost town with only a pub on the bay which opened at 5pm and a tiny corneered off area to swim in (as there are crocs sharks and jelly fish and stingrays about) well although not too impressed we settled down for a day of doing absolutply nothing. it was good. We then deiced we were hungry and went on a treak to find anywhere that sold food. The super market was small and we bought food togher for the next few days. This consited of my musly and yet more pasta. So for the 3 days we were on the island all i have eaten is pasta salad (if kyou can call cheep maonaise and pasta pasta salad!) and musly and banana custard which was gross (jibs you would have liked it it was like the yazoo milkshakes). after more partying and queing for hours for the three internet places oh and watching neighbours (which has 4 adverts grrr) on a reallly bad scean (it gets really sad soon everyone) we headed to bed.

The next day we got up and me and vikki jumped on a bus (they are soooo old fasheoned its sweet) and went round the island to a koala santury. We got to see yet more crocs and I got to hold a koala (yes ive got photos 😊) it was very heavy and I didnt get to hold it cfor long as there are limits as too how long they are alowed to be handled a day. as we ate our tintam iscreams (timtams are like penguines and are massive here) we jumped on the bus back and ate yet more stupid pasta.

The next morning we got up cheaked out and went for our free canoe session where we took our canoe out to the sea. we had to advoid the yellow boiys in the water as thats the shark zone! (they attact meat on to the end of the boiys to keep the sharks away from the humans) and advoid the white flags as that was where people were scuba diviing. we then got on a bus to the ferry and then got on the oz experance bus on the other end.

we stopped as they are filiming in a town we passed for a new film coming out next year with nicole kidman in called Austraila. We got lots of photos of the set and some ice creams then set off again to Airlie beach. Our hostle, although pricy is increable. We have clean nice beds (no more bed bugs wooooooo) and a fridge and a crazy bar and yea its much better than the other place (although we havent had a chance to look round yet) we are all shattered from doing nothing so got fish and chips and came here to write emails.

Anyway thats all for now

Love from Katharine xxxxxxxxx

Advertisement



28th April 2007

Yahzoo
yeah yahzoo

Tot: 0.062s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0406s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb