Work Visas and Family


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Airlie Beach
February 20th 2007
Published: February 20th 2007
Edit Blog Post

It worked out great today. I met up with my brother and it turns out he was here for another day and had stayed in the same room that me and the english guys had occupied at the colonial courts(nice motel). Also he was having some problem getting some money back from his guided tour as the boat he was on did not take them out to the reef like they had promised. He was on the 'spank me' and they went out part of the way, but he had paid for a trip to the outer reef where the most coral and life is. I have been there and at the inner reef. Both are amazing. However, the captain cited the weather as the cause, but the boat was acting up and was having engine troubles (on a sail boat?), either way, he got 80$ back and so did some other people so that seemed to work out.
As for traveling. i am leaving in a few minutes for the airport where i will be heading to sydney and then getting a plane to NZ since it only took two days for my work visa to go through!. So i will be spending a year in NZ hopefully as i will try to find work in a hostel or in retail.
Well, off to brave the weather and hope that sydney is nicer than the wet rain in airley beach.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.041s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0259s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 998.9kb