Agnes Water / 1770


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Agnes Water
October 17th 2011
Published: October 17th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Day 35, 16/10/11
I got up at 5am today for a free 'Feed Wild Dolphins tour' which left at 6:30am and got back at 9:30am in time for checkout at 10am. I caught the mini bus to the boat, got on the boat to the dolphin cove and got off. We waited about an hour for the dolphins and none came so we got back on the boat to come back - very disappointing but we were told if we wanted we could come back another day and do it again. As I was leaving today I wasn't too fussed - and it was a freebie anyway. They told us the storm from last night put lots of fresh water into the cove and the dolphins don't like fresh water.
We caught the 12:30pm bus up to Agnes Water which is right next to a town called 1770, it is named 1770 because it was the first town Captain Cook, who founded it, came to. The year he found it was 1770 - not much imagination there. The population of the town is 56 and we are heading there tomorrow for the afternoon.
We planned to go to Airlie Beach but the bus is 17 hours so we stopped of here for one night just to break up the journey before getting the night bus tomorrow night into Airlie Beach.
It was 6 hours on the bus and we arrived in time for dinner so not much happened today. Had spagbol for dinner and was so tired after my early morning I just went to bed.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.096s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 11; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0635s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb