Agnes Water


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Agnes Water
April 15th 2007
Published: April 15th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Got up and booked myself in for the Scooterroo activity this afternoon. Unfortunatlly only Scooters were left, so no chance of a ride on any of the choppers.

This wasnt going to take place till the afternoon so after breakfast I went to the the lovely Agnes beach for a couple of hours.

After the beach I headed back to the hostel got my gear together and at 2:15 joined the group to be taken to the Scooterroo HQ for our rides. The business is run by this old southafrican Hippi/redneck type fella. Really nice guy who only ever listens to the Rolling Stones when driving in his 4x4. He would also be our guide.

Apon arrival we geared up and were allocated our machines. I was quite jealous of all those getting Choppers as they looked really cool. I had to make do with a very camp Scooter. the group was quite large (25 bikes in total) and once given the run down we all got going like this long train (which caused a little havoc to local traffic). It was awesome fun but it took a short while to get comfortable as I hadnt ridden a bike in some time and the last time I'd ridden a motorbike I crashed it into a log! It was another sunny day, perfect for a ride down some bush roads, and we had great fun joseling for position and racing each other. Unfortunatly the choppers were all slightly quicker (top speed 80kph) then our scooters (top speed 75kph down hill) so we didint stand a chance.
While riding we stopped off near a water pool, where our guide (who was a bit of tracker in his day) had spoted some fresh Kangaroo dung. Sure enough on the other side of the water hole we spotted a family of Kangaroos. We slowely tried to get as close as we could for photos before predictably they hopped off. Kangaroos are funny looking things. They look almost human in the way they move but this may be more to do with the fact that some of them are almost as large in height as me.
We got going again and then stopped for some photos of ourselves on the bikes before heading down to a bar for a beer and to watch the sun set. We then in partial darkness road back to the Scooterroo HQ.

At the hostel we watch Family guy untill the kitchen died down. After cooking dinner we watched Flight plan before sitting in the court yard for a chat and quick drink before going to bed.





Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement

My scooterMy scooter
My scooter

This is what I look like when I ride


19th April 2007

Loving the pose!
21st April 2007

Scooter
And where are your L plates young man?! You would fit right in here with that scooter of yours! They all seem to be hooning around at the moment!! Take it easy!

Tot: 0.155s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 11; qc: 81; dbt: 0.1166s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb