1770


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » 1770
June 13th 2007
Published: June 13th 2007
Edit Blog Post

1770= town to do things without a license. Went on a joy flight and got to drive the plane..was so much fun. Experienced zero gravity, was bizarre seeing our camera cases, sick bags (empty) and everything floating in the air. Saw dolphins before landing on a beach where we ate fresh oysters which we knocked off the rocks. Was amazing. Have taken videos with my camera. If im sounding all action and confident about being in the plane then dont be fooled. The videos show the reality and the pilot took a copy of them because he's never had a passenger scream so much. Wait till you see them....


Then can you imagine- a medical emergency meant I had to drive a hunk of junk to the doctors today for a sick friend ( she's ok tho now)..some random hells angel with a handle bar moustache said he would take us to the docs but halfway along the road, he pulled over, jumped out and said we had to drive ourselves as he needed to go to work..the only licensed driver was the sick girl, so I came to the 'percieved' rescue, ( picture Gails face riding shotgun knowing my driving history)...alls well tho, trip was life affirming not threatening. We got to the doctors and ended up 'borrowing' the car for the rest of the morning, managing to get all our groceries for the week...only bold move was having to do a 3 point turn outside the police station on way back (and taking a novelty trip to the drive through bottle shop ).

Spent the afternoon with the random hells angel as we did a scooteroo tour around 1770- was great. Felt like was in a computer game, had to dodge kanagroos, drove through thick smoke caused by bush fires and creepily drove over 2 dead snakes. Apparently the business is for sale..altho Gail and I think we messed a potential deal up by telling the interested guys that the hells angel (he's the owner) let us drive his car today without a license. Not sure they've got faith in the old fella now. Shame. We liked his chat. Newest Oz phrase is "Alritey chicken nugget"...Seriously...this place.... yesterdays kayak dude was full of " fair dinkum" and "foodaywooday" and "drinkaywinkies"...also if anyone calls me " Dalh" one more time or says "tooo easy"....i'll cry...if i come home with oz-isms...shoot me down please.







Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement

Wild KangaroosWild Kangaroos
Wild Kangaroos

One had a joey in its pouch but u cant see it:(


Tot: 0.215s; Tpl: 0.045s; cc: 13; qc: 58; dbt: 0.1116s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb