Chopperroo


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » 1770
June 2nd 2007
Published: June 2nd 2007
Edit Blog Post

Named after the year James Cook first stepped onto Australian land, actually in Town 1770 on 24th May 1770 this town is one of if not the least commercial places you can visit on the East coast. It hardly has any tourists and the only people that seem to come here are us backpackers. Compared to the rest of the East coast, 1770 is extremely cheap for activities. For example surfing is 7 times more expensive in Bondi.

At 11am we went on the free tour provided by scooterroo, this is a drive around town 1770 and the area we stayed in called Agnes Waters. We also were informed of what activities we could do whilst we are here. The rest of our day was spent relaxing as we were quite tired from the day before. To be honest i think all we did was sit in a hammock and read.



On Saturday after a good nights sleep Erica and I got up early to do yoga on the beach, James was going to come but felt that it was sunny enough for him. I did actually enjoy it when i took it serious, as the girl who taught us was very spiritual, more so than James was. It was very relaxing to hear the waves crashing next to you.

We had planned to do a surf lesson, but the waves didn't really look big enough and it was a little chilly so we decided to give it a miss as we had also booked to do the scooterroo drive at 2pm. This involved 29 of us driving around town on choppers, it was great fun and i am sure my dad would have been proud. The majority of us were safe drivers despite never having driven a motorcycle before, but there are always one or two clowns and in this case it was three guys and two of their girlfriends. They insisted on being at the front all the time, even if that involved cutting you up, overtaking on corners or putting other people at risk. I mean there is no harm with a bit of fun and competition but we were driving on roads and there is such a thing as the highway code in Australia but by the way they were driving i very much doubt there is in Israel. They also insisted on driving close then hitting each other on the heads, which caused the recipient to swerve and nearly cause three innocent drivers to crash, honestly they were complete tools.

On our adventure we got to see plenty of kangeroos which James was made up about as he hadn't actually seen any so far. There was a field full of them which we were able to enter and slowly approach them.We then headed to the only pub for wedges, sour cream and sweet chilli sauce dip which we took outside so we could sit on the rocky beach and watch the sunset. Despite getting a few good pictures it wasn't actually the best sunset, we just managed to time it right as it was a rather cloudy. We even threw some wedges to the seagulls to get them in the picture too! It was a great day and after the last race back to the depot i finished in second place behind an Irish girl, women can be boy racers too. James was determined to finish near the front but unfortunately he was down graded to a skooter so finished in last place!


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.084s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 13; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0515s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb