The Big Clean Up


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Northern Territory
August 25th 2014
Published: September 8th 2014
Edit Blog Post

We had a cleaning day today. Everything inside the van is really dusty after Daly Waters so I washed down everything inside and did the washing while Barry worked on a few things on the ute.



Once that was all done we went into Katherine City Centre and had a look at a camping/caravanning shop, where Barry bought himself a more comfortable chair for sitting outside and a few leads to help power my new notebook. Then we headed for the Visitor Information Centre and booked in for the 11am 2 Gorges Tour tomorrow, for $79 each. We would have done three gorges but the river is so low they can’t navigate the third one at present.







Back at the van we got into our swimming gear and walked down to the Thermal Pool again for another refreshing swim (or mostly stand). I got talking to two young French people who were here on working visas and were hoping to get work in Katherine. The young man had already been here a year and a half and had worked in some unexpected places like King Island, (a tiny island just off
Rainbow SpringsRainbow SpringsRainbow Springs

This is the source of the Katherine Thermal Pool.
Tasmania where my friend Jeanette lives), Kangaroo Island, just off Adelaide (where we holidayed before we had the kids), and Maroopna in Victoria. Isn’t it a small world? We’re all connected in ways we don’t know. He was looking forward to exploring around the north.







As the sun was setting, we decided to go back for dinner but used a different path which took us past the head of the river to Rainbow Spring, the source of the lovely warm water. It was very pretty, although getting hard to see in the rapidly darkening sky. The water was really clear and was rushing down towards the pool through overhanging trees. Beautiful.



After all our hard work and the relaxing pool we didn’t take long to go to sleep after dinner!


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.17s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 13; qc: 53; dbt: 0.0673s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb