King Ash Bay


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Northern Territory
September 5th 2010
Published: September 16th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Today was the start of our detour. We’re ahead of our schedule a couple of days so we’ve decided to head north to Cape Crawford and then out to King Ash Bay.

The road out is only one lane, so it’s go slow and watch for road trains. We arrived at our scheduled stop and found the iconic windmill was in some need of repairs and had an ear piercing screech. Executive decision was made and we push on to Heartbreak Hotel Caravan Park.

The next morning we headed out to King Ash Bay it was about 100km the last 20km (we were told) was dirt road with corrugation. The dirt road section took about an hour the hold 20km was corrugated badly and we thought the air conditioner was going to fall through the caravan.

We stayed at a place called “Genny Flats” (generator flats) $75 for the week. Cheap rent for magnificent views.

The snakes were out, the crocs where big and we were warned about the dingoes. Not a lot for the little kids to do, the big kid didn’t stop fishing for the whole three days and still no Barra. He did catch a 4 ft grouper but didn’t land it. Emerson caught dinner a black bream almost 1kg.

The drive out was just as bad as the drive in. It must have done something to the kids because they slept and we could push on through 450km to Daily Waters for some much need power, water and a swimming pool.



Additional photos below
Photos: 13, Displayed: 13


Advertisement



18th September 2010

fishing
wow emerson i think u are catching more fish than daddy.

Tot: 0.038s; Tpl: 0.016s; cc: 10; qc: 25; dbt: 0.0152s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb