King's Canyon, Kata Tjuta (The Olgas) and Uluru (Ayer's Rock)


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Northern Territory
July 23rd 2008
Published: July 28th 2008
Edit Blog Post

UluruUluruUluru

From left: Me, Gloria, Hiromi, Denise.
I wish I'd slept in a swag! It was freezing in the tent, I think it would have definately been warmer outside by the fire, wrapped up in a swag. I hardly got any sleep :-( Never mind, they'll be plenty of time to sleep on the bus later.

We started today with a walk around King's Canyon. It's a pretty walk and the weather was good! We walked down to the Garden of Eden at the bottom and then back up and along the edge of the canyon. The walk took a couple of hours. Afterwards, we climbed back into the bus and set off for Kata Tjuta (The Olgas).

After a long way in the bus, we arrived at Kata Tjuta. We didn't have long to spend there because we wanted to get to Uluru (Ayer's Rock), in time for sunset. It's a shame we didn't get to do a walk at The Olgas, we had about ten minutes to have a quick look from the lookout and then we drove around to Uluru.

We watched the sunset at Uluru. There were lots of people there with picnics and champagne. It was nice to see the
King's CanyonKing's CanyonKing's Canyon

Garden of Eden
colours changing as the sun got close to setting. Once the sun had set we went back to the bus and had champagne and nibbles outside before heading to our second campsite.

Earlier, on the bus, we did a music quiz and my team won. Before we set off for the campsite, Chris came and gave me our prize... a kangaroo tail! I didn't see what he had when he came up to me in the bus and he just put it on my lap, eugh!


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.136s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0564s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb