Camper from Darwin to Alice......Litchfield and Kakadu National Park


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Northern Territory
May 31st 2008
Published: June 4th 2008
Edit Blog Post

After a lovely 27 hour bus journey from Broome to Darwin only interupted during the night by the sound of kangaroo's bouncing off the front of the bus, relaxing few days in darwin was needed. Again we looked into pearling in Darwin but that was a no go but we did have the chance to spend 2 weeks on a shrimp boat. We would have done it but no was was melissa gonna be a cleaning lady for 5 hick fisherman, and i wouldnt let her!!!

Darwin was a really cool city and much better than what we expected. But we needed to get moving so we rented a camper van for a 10 day trip from Darwin to Alice Springs and Ayers Rock.

It was really cool 10 days(apart from the petrol bills!!!!) and we spent the first few days driving about Litchfield and Kakadu. We swam mainly in Litchfield but not so much in Kakadu due to the probabilty of gettin eaten by the thousands of crocs swimming about. not being able to swim made it tough due to the sweltering heat every day and all night. After a few days we hit a place called Gunlom. Although we had no liability on the camper(which was a good thing seen as how there was a dead roo nearly every 10 feet on the road) we werent allowed to go on unsealed tracks. We decided to go for it and head for a place called gunlom. We were chuffed we did cos it was absolutely beautiful and the best part of the national park although i doubt the camper van company will thank me for it, everything was falling everywhere!!!

So after them few amazing days we had to leave and head to Katherine Gorge and unknown to us 1000's of kilometres of driving!!!!


Additional photos below
Photos: 38, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.113s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 67; dbt: 0.063s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb