Northern Territory


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Northern Territory
May 13th 2007
Published: May 13th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Thursday 10th May (803.3kms) - We lost 1.5 hours by driving over a line in the road, I don't think I had ever done that until entering the Northern Territory, (where speed limits increase, along with bush fires). We drove through the remaining part of Western Australia, stopping the night at Victoria River, we'd stopped for various photo opportunities during the day & when we stopped for the night after tea we lay under the stars with a glass of wine, with no light pollution we were able to see thousands of stars it was beautiful.

Friday 11th May (595.9kms) - We drove to Katherine where we had a walk around, had a look at some didgeridoo's and other Aboriginal souvenirs before going on to Katherine Gorge, (Nitmiluk National Park) not far from Katherine itself. We went for a walk up to the lookout & got some great photos of the beautiful surrounding area. We took the scenic route to Adelaide River which turned out not to be that great at all before arriving in Darwin late afternoon.

Saturday 12th May (27.9kms) - We got up & drove into Darwin city centre & had a look around the shops, we got our hair cut & bumped into a couple we had met in Laos, it is a very small world! We went on the internet as we hadn't had much contact with people back home due to the remoteness of our journey, no internet or mobile signal. We watched the sunset from Fort Hill Wharf & I rung Gran to wish her a happy birthday.

Sunday 13th May (649.3kms) - We drove to Edith Falls which was nice, we didn't see any croc's but stayed out of the water. We then headed to Mantaranka to the Bitter Springs, where we bathed in the 34 degrees crystal clear water, it was like being in a bath but with branches & a few weeds & plants. We got chatting to some locals who reassured me that they don't get croc's around the Bitter Springs. We drove south to Daly Waters where we spent the night, Claire made her legendary chilli & we finished our box of wine.

The following day we headed into Queensland the third state we would visit in Australia, the Northern Territory had been extremely hot but again good to see.




Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.055s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 8; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0327s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb