Northern Territory


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Northern Territory
September 29th 2018
Published: October 1st 2018
Edit Blog Post

Gidday again. I reckon it is past time to update my blog.

We headed North to Wyndam, then back South to Kunnanurra via Percy's Lagoon. Apart from a few punctures on the gravel we had no problems with the car. We get back on the Bitumen and crack a windshield. (lucky for me its covered in the insurance). My camera had run out of battery. so no photos. We top up all the essentials at Kunnanurra then head to Lake Argyle. Next day we head into N.T. and the Keep River NP. It was very dry. We did a guided tour in the morning. Even dad managed to do the walk, as the guide was stopping every few minutes to talk and educate us all. Next day we found a rest area to camp and stopped at Timber Creek and the Old Victoria River Crossing. We camped that night at Victoria River CP. As we were in need of a shower and to do some laundry. Another camp at a rest area then onto Katherine for supplies and a soak in the springs. We camped near Edith Falls. Ken had decided he needed to go back to work so we drove him to Darwin to catch a plane home. On our way north we stopped at Douglas Hot Springs and Leichardt NP. Leaving the NP the trailer spring finally gave way. Lucky for me I had a spare. spent half the day repairing it. No one in Darwin has any heavy duty springs so I have to upgrade it as good as I can, and get it fixed at a later date. We took Ken out for tea at Macca's before dropping him off at the Airport. We head back South stopping at Edith Falls to try and locate a bird. (no luck). Got some groceries in Katherine then Headed to Mataranka and the thermal springs there. Next day we stopped at Daly Waters to see the Stuart Tree and the local Pub. Camped at the Pebbles near Tennant Creek. From here we went further South to the Devil's Marbles. Very Impressive. Back to Tennant Creek so we can turn right and head towards the border. We took 3 days to get to Mount Isa. I got my windscreen fixed here and also visited some friends. Camped at a rest area 1/2 way to Cloncurry. Then headed south to find some Maltese Crosses. A couple of days later we made Cloncurry. Camped at Fullerton River to fossick for Garnets. We then made our way to my Uncle's place in Innot Hot Springs. This may be my last post for a while. As there is no Power or internet available here.


Additional photos below
Photos: 17, Displayed: 17


Advertisement



Tot: 0.13s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0703s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb