Day 2


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Northern Territory » Uluru
December 1st 2015
Published: December 1st 2015
Edit Blog Post

So today we got up early for holibobs (6:30) had brekkie and went off to the airport - again! To fly to Uluru (Ayers Rock!) omg it was bumpy! Not very happy Clairey!
We were fortunate to be on the correct side of the plane to see Uluru as we came in! An amazing heap of red earth that I'm sure we shall learn in our various trips is very important to the aborigines! we landed here (at Kidlingtonshire airport! Size wise) got our bags and got on the bus for the really long ride of 5 mins to our hotel!
Not as posh as the last one in Darling but still nice enough!
Jet lag must have crept up on us as after faffing about checking in etc as we then both crashed out till 5! DOH!
We mooched about the hotel and made our dinner reservation in the Amuguli Grill restaurant - really lovely food the waitress bought us our amuse bouche of snapper mouse! Surprisingly nice! And bread with olive oil butter and *herby stuff* that I couldn't catch the name of with her French accent! *note to self find out name! She did say we can but in supermarket though- yay cos it's yummers! We both had the Churchill Porterhouse steak and shared the trio of gelato yum yum!
After all the yummy food we went to reception to see what trips we can book!
We had already booked the sounds of silence tour through the travel agent before leaving the UK and we've booked desert awakenings (pictures of both attached if you can read them!)
Also found a leaflet for an aboriginal dot painting workshop which I fancy a go at! Going to check that out in the morning in the town!
I think that's all for now!
Much Love! Xxx


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.196s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 13; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0991s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb