Uluru (Ayers Rock)


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Northern Territory » Uluru
May 6th 2005
Published: May 10th 2005
Edit Blog Post

Uluru at SunsetUluru at SunsetUluru at Sunset

The rock just lights up as though it was on fire!
Uluru Blog:

We made it to the "Heart of Australia"! It was and odd feeling leaving WA, sad on one hand after having such a fantastic time and having to say good bye to Auntie Pam, but excited on the other as we knew what was ahead was going to be all totally new to us both.

The flight from Perth to Ayers was great. So wide and vast!

The resort itself was a surprise. Not what we expected out in the middle of no where. 5 very nice hotels with swimming pools, shops, restaurants etc..

We were so glad we waited till we got here to book all the tours. If your planning on coming here don't book until you arrive it will save you money and will give you loads more options to choose what you want to spend your time doing. We opted for an operator who simply takes you where you want to go, when ever you want. This was great cause we could explore at our own pace and not have to sit with a coach load of people on some guided tour.

That evening we headed to uluru for the
Uluru ClimbUluru ClimbUluru Climb

Just a few people here! OMG! the peak you can see here is around half way! We opted to respect the Anangu (aboriginies) People's request and took a long walk round the base instead.
sunset, amazing! It really does change colour!
Uluru was much bigger than I imagined! There is a lot more trees and greenery too, very different to the WA outback. It's just magical, you really get the sense of some how being touched by this place.

Next morning we drove over to the Olgas to watch the sunrise, which was really special.

Good thing we brought our hiking boots because we did plenty of walking! Gorge walking through the olgas and a full base walk round uluru to name a few.

We treated ourselves to a Helicopter ("CeliHopter") ride to see the area for the air and WOW what a ride! Just the three of us, me, steph and the pilot! Never been in a helicopter before which made it even more special.



Additional photos below
Photos: 13, Displayed: 13


Advertisement

Olgas WalkOlgas Walk
Olgas Walk

Drastic times call for drastic measures! Dam those flies!
Lookout 2 in the OlgasLookout 2 in the Olgas
Lookout 2 in the Olgas

We took a walk through the nearby Olgas just as impressive as Uluru!
CeliHopter!CeliHopter!
CeliHopter!

I want one!!!
Ayers Resort from airAyers Resort from air
Ayers Resort from air

"I can see the pub from here!"
Uluru Water HoleUluru Water Hole
Uluru Water Hole

Guess what.... no water!
Us at UluruUs at Uluru
Us at Uluru

Taken on our last night watching another sunset.
Uluru at sunriseUluru at sunrise
Uluru at sunrise

Taken from the Olga Sunrise viewing point at 6:30am! Stunning!


Tot: 0.092s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 8; qc: 56; dbt: 0.0513s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb