Northern Territory


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Northern Territory » Uluru
March 3rd 2005
Published: March 3rd 2005
Edit Blog Post

Welcome to clean toilets (with toilet paper!!!!!), friendly people and hot showers (first one in 4 months!!!). After waiting to leave Indonesia for so long we finally arrived in Australia & immediately loved it. Ayers Rock was amazing, we didn't climb it out of respect: the aboriginal people view it as sacred & request that you don't. We also visited The Olgas, which were equally as awe inspiring, & King's Cannyon.....all were truly magnificent but we were plagued by the thousands of flies!


Additional photos below
Photos: 19, Displayed: 19


Advertisement

Love on the rockLove on the rock
Love on the rock

Our first view of Ayers Rock (Uluru), this was about 6p.m just before sunset.
The Full MontyThe Full Monty
The Full Monty

The rock in it's entirity.
Rear view of rockRear view of rock
Rear view of rock

This was at sunrise, when the colour was a really deep red: the piccies don't do it justice.
The OlgasThe Olgas
The Olgas

The Olgas are amazing, the highest stands 50metres taller than Uluru.
Road side signRoad side sign
Road side sign

These are quite a problem in the outback, especially at night, a lot of cars have " Roo Bars " fitted in case they hit one!
Connor mountainConnor mountain
Connor mountain

This mountain is well known due to it looking like a table.
Driving through the outback.Driving through the outback.
Driving through the outback.

We drove for 8 hours & only saw 10 other vehicles!!!
Rock wallabyRock wallaby
Rock wallaby

We were able to feed rock wallabies in Alice Springs at the camp ground where we were staying. they are really tame & so soft.
How cute is that!?!?!How cute is that!?!?!
How cute is that!?!?!

The wallabies aren't bad either!!
Lord of the Flies!!!Lord of the Flies!!!
Lord of the Flies!!!

This is what we had to contend with at King's Canyon!!
Latest fly repellant clothing designs!Latest fly repellant clothing designs!
Latest fly repellant clothing designs!

Watch out it's Laurence of Arabia! This is the drastic action we took to avoid the flies: there were thousands.
Jo launches new Oz fashion headware range.Jo launches new Oz fashion headware range.
Jo launches new Oz fashion headware range.

It stops the sun from frying the brainwaves apparently......HMMM!!!!
Mark's not to be outdone on the silly hat wearing front!!Mark's not to be outdone on the silly hat wearing front!!
Mark's not to be outdone on the silly hat wearing front!!

Mark caught cross dressing, the look on his face is cause he put Jo's thongs on back to front!! (Just kidding......or am i??)


Tot: 0.137s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 17; qc: 81; dbt: 0.0928s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb