Uluru and The Olgas


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Northern Territory » Uluru
April 8th 2008
Published: April 8th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0


16-18 March

Over the Easter Break we went to Uluru and The Olgas with Alison. Both Rob and I had been several years ago and I forgot how red everything is in the centre of Australia. From the plane all you could see was red earth! When we first landed we checked into our place which was a two bedroom apartment. It was so hot we just went straight for the pool. That evening we went to watch the sunset. A quick burst of rain came through just before the sunset so as we were driving up there was a rainbow just over the rock. The sunset was not fantastic over the rock (it did not turn very red) because of the clouds. However, the actual sunset was fantastic!

The following day we went for a walk around the rock after sunrise. This took us a few hours and it was pretty hot and muggy by the time we finished. The fly nets were a lifesaver. That afternoon we went to the pool again and then came back out for the sunrise. This sunrise was a little better as we could see the rock changing colours.

On the last morning we woke up very early and drove out to The Olgas. We went to watch the sunrise over The Olgas but did not see much there, however, the sunrise over Uluru was fantastic. We did the Valley of the Winds walk and finished around 10:30. The walk was great but was very hot by the time we finished so we were very happy to get into the air conditioned car. The walk had taken longer than expected so we rushed home to check out and were a little late. Then we just went to the pool for the afternoon and then went to the airport to fly to Cairns.


Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement

The OglasThe Oglas
The Oglas

I think this is the first time I attempted the tri-pod!


Tot: 0.104s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 14; qc: 57; dbt: 0.0616s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb